What is a Whole-Food, Plant-Based Diet?
A whole-food, plant-based diet is based on the following principles:
* Whole-Food describes natural foods that are not heavily processed. That means whole, unrefined, or minimally refined ingredients.
* Plant-Based means food that comes from plants and doesn't include animal ingredients/bi-product such as meat, milk, eggs, or honey.
A whole-food, plant-based diet lets you meet your nutritional needs by focusing on natural, minimally-processed plant foods.
The Benefits of a Whole-Food, Plant-Based Diet
There are several major benefits to moving to plant-based nutrition, all supported by excellent science.
These benefits include:
* Easy Weight Management: People who eat a plant-based diet tend to be leaner than those who don't, and the diet makes it easy to lose weight, and keep it off - without counting calories.
* Disease Prevention: Whole-food, plant-based eating can prevent, halt, or even reverse chronic diseases, including heart disease, type 2 diabetes, etc.
* A Lighter Environmental Footprint: A plant-based diet places much less stress on the environment. As a plant-based meal company, we care deeply about our environmental footprint. We're proud to say that our packaging is 100% recyclable.